How to solo (and hear) AUX fed by stacked tracks?

kiotozane

If an AUX is fed by tracks not in stacks, I can solo that AUX and it will still be fed by the (now muted, but still sending) tracks.

If the AUX is fed by tracks IN stacks, I can no longer solo the AUX, there is only silence, 

An example is a bunch of drum tracks sending thru a bus to a reverb AUX. 

If the drum tracks are unstacked, I can solo the AUX and listen to only the reverb. 

If I stack the drums, I can no longer do this, the AUX goes silent when soloing. 

I'm sure there is a logic :) behind it, but I can't see figure out why behave differently...  This is not for mix setup purposes, but for editing purposes. The mix setup is good, I'd just like to be able to check AUXes fed by stacked tracks from time to time. 

• 1 year later...
If you’re using stacks for organizational purposes, you can use this as a workaround. Make a track stack but then reroute the audio from the stacked tracks back to your main out. The track will still sit inside the stack but not by routed to the stack bus. This allows me to have stacks inside stacks (something you can only do when using both types of tracks stacks). If you only have stacks one level deep this is unnecessary because you can use folder stacks instead and they don’t have a summing stack bus.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

It would be super duper fantastico if this was fixed. Having to constantly flip my bus between fader settings to hear the aux in solo is not a fun workflow!

Edit - Just found a 4yr old tip from David about flattening stacks then restacking them, didn't realise when you flattened them the routing remained and it actually just hides the header in the mixer. Hopefully it gets fixed properly in future but this will do for now!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...