The 'Conflict Between Logic and External Device' problem yet again

PaulTMA

i have been searching around for a solution to this common problem, but I am a bit bewildered by everyone else's very specific soft/hardware setups and cannot see a clear answer which will help me, so I hope if nobody minds if I ask directly with my specs.

I am using Logic with El Capitan, 8GB ram.

I have twice today been plagued with the glitchy problem of said conflict.  One is on an old project which has a few midi tracks on it - every time I try and play it, I get the lagging glitch issue.  That old project is 44.1.  The problem appears to be saved onto that project.

More recently I have defaulted to recording at 48.  Today I created a new project with programmed drums, two guitars and a bass.  When I tried to add a track from Logic's own synths via midi keyboard, I got the 'conflict' issue, usually detecting 44.1, occasionally one of the other seemingly random numbers.

Surely there is a simple fix to this, irrespective of what sample rate the project is set to?

Have I caused the issue myself by having projects of both rates?