Questions about automation

Pirated

Hey,

First question:

In the piano roll, when I adjust the pitch automation, the pitch remains one semitone low even though i roll the automation point as far up as it can go. I have + 24 and -24 semitones set up correctly in my synth so its not about that. When I play it with my midi keyboard it goes all the way up but i cant drag it to the highest level with my mouse. What am I doing wrong?

Second question:

If i have set up a midi learn to one of the knobs in my synth, is it  possible to adjust and tweak the knobs in automation window after i have recorded the knob movements?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance!

Janne

In the piano roll, when I adjust the pitch automation, the pitch remains one semitone low even though i roll the automation point as far up as it can go. I have + 24 and -24 semitones set up correctly in my synth so its not about that. When I play it with my midi keyboard it goes all the way up but i cant drag it to the highest level with my mouse. What am I doing wrong?

Try this: 

1. Record-enable the track. 
  2. Play a note on your keyboard and move the pitch bend wheel all the way up and all the way down. Can you hear 2 octaves up and down?
  3. Press Record. 
  4. Play a note on your keyboard and move the pitch wheel all the way up and all the way down. Can you hear 2 octaves up and down?
  5. Press Stop, go back and play back your recording. Can you hear 2 octaves up and down?
  6. Open the Piano Roll's MIDI Draw area, and look at the Pitch bend data. Extend the note and continue drawing a pitch bend curve going all the way up and all the way down. Can you hear 2 octaves up and down?

For your other question, please post another topic. Thank you. 

When i play the notes on my keyboard and move the pitch wheel, i can totally hear two octaves both ways. When i go to the piano roll's midi draw area, the value goes down full 64 steps and 63 up (one value too low). This can be corrected by recording the movement with the keyboard and pitch wheel but it seems that I cant draw 100% up with my mouse.

Thanks

When i play the notes on my keyboard and move the pitch wheel, i can totally hear two octaves both ways. When i go to the piano roll's midi draw area, the value goes down full 64 steps and 63 up (one value too low).

It's not one value too low, the full MSB of the pitch bend range is 128 steps ie -64 > 0 > +63 (it can't go to +64, as that would require 129 values (to include the 0). This is normal.

Logic is outputting the full MIDI pitch bend range correctly, by the looks, and there should be no difference to Logic sending "full pitch bend up" to the pitch wheel being moved fully up (what actually happens will depend to what the pitch bend range setting on the synth is, ie, "fully up" can correspond to +12, or +2, or +24 semitones, etc).

• 1 month later...

Tried Davids suggestions/questions ? 

EDIT Actually tried it myself on LPX 10.0.7, and experience the same issue, works fine when recording, max pitch value in piano roll is recorded to 63, but I can't create a new pitch node and drag it higher than to 62, setting the synth to pitch bend 2 octaves makes this audible...

EDIT2 It's easy though to change value to max from the event list, select the pitch bend node in the piano roll, press 'D' to open event list, and change the value from 126 to 127.