C'mon!!! Seriously?? Isn't there key command function for the big SMPTE counter window???

jkuehlin
Go to solution Solved by cleamon,

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried using OS/X keyboard shortcuts?  This should work (use whatever key combination you want):  Keep in mind that the text in the preference MUST match exactly that in the application.

Wow does this really work? Like I could assign any menu command not readily available as a key command within the OS/X keyboard shortcuts?

Have you tried using OS/X keyboard shortcuts?  This should work (use whatever key combination you want):  Keep in mind that the text in the preference MUST match exactly that in the application.

Wow does this really work? Like I could assign any menu command not readily available as a key command within the OS/X keyboard shortcuts?

Yes it works.  I tried it (see my attachment) before making this post.

Amazing, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome.

This is really great. I just tried making my own command for 1/16 Swing B under Quantize and it works :) Much better than 'Set Quantize to Next/Previous Parameter'.

Cleamon, would you know how to assign a menu command within a menu command? For example: 'MIDI Transform' > 'Fixed Velocity'. Or 'View' > 'Note Labels'.

:?:

You're welcome.

This is really great. I just tried making my own command for 1/16 Swing B under Quantize and it works :) Much better than 'Set Quantize to Next/Previous Parameter'.

Cleamon, would you know how to assign a menu command within a menu command? For example: 'MIDI Transform' > 'Fixed Velocity'. Or 'View' > 'Note Labels'.

I haven't tried it, but probably just enter the text of the final menu item (i.e. Note Labels).  Can't hurt to just try it and find out.

You're welcome.

I believe you can call your nested items with the text (for example): MIDI Transform->Fixed Velocity

I refer you this discussion: here

Again, I have not tried this.

I believe you can call your nested items with the text (for example): MIDI Transform->Fixed Velocity

I refer you this discussion: here

Again, I have not tried this.

Ok just tried it, thanks Cleamon.. but the nested thing doesn't work in Sierra. However, what does work is having 2 separate key commands for MIDI Transform and Fixed Velocity (which you have to create custom Mac OS keyboard shortcut for), keyed in succession.. then hit either Select Only, Operate Only or Select and Operate. Totally works, hitting 2 key commands quickly and clicking on Select and Operate is still better then having to go through the MIDI Transform menu first and then clicking on Fixed Velocity :) I'm thinking of setting up a 'macro' for this in my Better Touch Tool app so I'll be able to hit one key command instead of two!