matching audio tracks to

andyr

Hi all,

I have some MIDI tracks recorded at 145 BPM. I want to have some very fast licks on an acoustic instrument on this song, but 145 BPM s too fast for me to pull it off. What is the best way for me to accomplish this, other than many years of practice on my instrument? ;)

Thanks,

Andy

Depending on how fast you can play, I would turn the BPM down as low as you can play it fast and once you have that, turn the Flex Time ON on that guitar track and once you put the BPM back to 145, Logic will adjust the audio as well. I'm not 100% sure if you need to turn the Flex ON, since you're recording audio directly into Logic, you're not importing. But try it and see if it works for you and the audio doesn't get any weird artifacts :)

That worked, as long as I played very carefully and left FlexTime on (set to Monophonic). 

I tried to edit the Flexed track and that resulted in some weirdness. I think I lost the Flexed tempo changes but I wasn't really paying close enough attention to messages I got or to what I did. I'll experiment more later. Thanks for the help!