Midi output and input

Byland

Hi Can I have different output on different midi tracks, one output to Iac buss and a other to my workstation?

Yes, you can, make separat midi instrument for any output, multi instrument have only one output.

Is possible to obtain specific midi input to specific midi track in Enviroment window? External synth on track 1, Iac bus on track 2 etc.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

I think of the IAC like another MIDI interface - but only in software - where you define MIDI busses so you can send MIDI to/from applications running on your computer.  With the IAC driver defined in Audio/Midi setup, you could create an IAC buss and, e.g., and send MIDI to it from a track in Logic.  Then you could set some other application to receive that MIDI data from Logic via the same IAC buss (or vice-versa).  The IAC buss can be a more flexible way to route MIDI between applications compared to using Rewire - where one application has to be the master and the other as to be the slave.  I've read that there may be some latency issues with using the IAC buss though.

It can be useful to think of tracks in Logic as just containers for audio and MIDI data (objects).   There's nothing hard coded to prevent putting MIDI regions on "audio" tracks and audio files (or regions)  on "MIDI" tracks.  But obviously it does not accomplish anything to playback audio on a track whose output is assigned to a MIDI instrument (or a MIDI port like an IAC buss).  Similarly it does not accomplish anything  to playback MIDI data on an audio track (even though you can record MIDI data there).  

Maybe another example of how tracks are not fixed with respect to the data (or objects) they contain,  is that Logic always has to route the MIDI data it is receiving (via the physical sequencer input object) somewhere, i.e., Logic will record incoming MIDI data on to the currently selected track - even if that track is assigned to "No Output" or it is an audio track (you don't even need to have the record button in the track header).  Subsequently,  if you want to playback MIDI that was recorded on the "No output" track, then you could either re-assign that track to another destination (a MIDI instrument), or you could just drag that MIDI region to an exiting MIDI instrument track.   While this can be confusing, it is often one of the differences between Logic's "object oriented" design and other DAWs.

Hi

I have a software called Karma, perhaps you know about what kind of software it is. The sound coming from my Yamaha S70 xs synth, I had to record two tracks in Logic.

First track have input from S70 and out to IAC bus 2, second track input IAC bus 1 and output to IAC bus 2. Both track have Midi channel 1.

Since I can’t decide the input of the track, both S70 and IAC bus coming to both track as they are present in Environment as input source. So  Karma will acts as it coming a midi loop and stop working.

It reads like you getting a MIDI loop between the SX70 synth and the Karma software running on our machine?

Have you tried turning local mode off on the SX70 synth (this should break any MIDI thru loop when it is receiving MIDI).

I am not familiar with the Karma software, but this thread looked like maybe it would be useful,

https://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

Maybe the last posting there would help you or is something you might recognize as being related to what you are trying to do.

Thanks for your suggestions but local off is not the problem, it will also make midi loops, there are a wide description how to do both for Cubase and Digital Performer, it works fine with these methods also for Reaper but not for Logic. I have also Reaper and I have recorded it as test but I am not so familiar with  Reaper so it is struggle to work with. You can record all midi channels live in Logic but then you can’t change or edit something in Karma. The description in Karma forum was for Korg Karma and it is keyboard with Karma inside. What I have is Yamaha S70 xs with Karma inside the computer so I think it don’t works identically by the way I saw the local was on there.