Auto Save

extrememixing

It really sucks that there is not auto backup for Logic that works the same as Pro Tools.  I have to say that Pro Tools is much better.  You can set it to save a back up every few minutes, and then keep as many of them as you want.  50, 100, 500...  What ever you like.  Have a problem?  You can open any of those back ups with out RENAMING the file you're working on.  That gets confusing...  And you could just import the session data that you need from the backup--since you know where it is.

As I understand it, Logic makes a back up of the session every time you hit command/S.  Is that right?  Or is it every time you save as"  I am really not used to being hosed out of a couple of hours of work by the program that I am trusting with my hours of work.  Can anyone pass along this request to those who make the decisions.

While I'm at it, the other feature of Pro Tools is that, while it's in quick punch, it is always recording so you can always just peal back the audio file to get that breath before the drop.

And, is there anyway to add previously recorded takes to a play list for easier comping?  It seems that all of that is much easier in Pro Tools.  Of course, I have been using Pro Tools for almost 20 years and I have grown into their system.  And no, the manual and Groove3 have not been much help for these specific questions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Actually Save As, or Save Alternate.  Because if you just Save, you are saving over whatever was there 10 10 minutes ago.  You may never make mistakes, but I do.  And I can not count the times that the Pro Tools backup system has saved the day.

Anything on my other questions?  I'm really trying to get up to speed on Logic.  I love the number of instruments that I can run.  But there are a few grey areas for me.

Steve

• 4 months later...