Help setting up Akai MPC Renaissance in Logic Pro X

Brokerhenry

Hello everyone;

I am seeking help with setting up my Akai MPC Renaissance to work with Logic Pro X version 10.3.2. I purchased my gear while finishing graduate degree in Biomedical Engineering in Australia, and just moved to St. Paul, Minnesota for graduate school in Mechanical Engineering.

The MPC Renaissance is connected via the USB port to my MacBook Pro. Then through the Assignable Mix Out 1 & 2 to Line Inputs 13 & 14 on my Line 6 Stagescape M20d mixer. Also connected to the mixer are: Korg Pa3X keyboard, Korg Minilouge synthesizer, Rode NT2-A condenser microphone and Yamaha HS-8 monitors.

I am able to play the MPC Ren with the native DAW that came with it. I tried to follow the instructions in this video from Youtube; 

But my newer version does not have the Hardware Transport C that was mentioned in the video. I can see that the Logic is registering the pads on the MPC Res when I trigger them, but I cannot hear anything on my HS-8 monitors. I would really appreciate if someone could guide me through the setup. Please start from the very beginning with launching Logic, new project and configuring it to use the Ren as a Plugin in Logic Pro X.

Thank you.

Henry