Importing hard panned mono files

jjvillafane

Hello everybody!

I’m importing a 32 track session into Logic. For some reason, the panned mono files (OH L, OHR, RM L, RM R, etc) are being imported into Logic as a single stereo file and placed into a single stereo track. Also, as soon as come back to the folder in Finder, there are some newly created stereo files labeled as OH, RM, etc.

How can I avoid this from happening? I want to replicate the session as close as possible to how it was sent to me. I've tried several workarounds but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks in advance!

Where are those files coming from? Sounds like they are interleaved stereo audio files? Note that you can click-hold the input format button at the top of the channel strip in Logic and choose either "Left" or "Right" to playback only the mono signal contained in the Left or Right channel of the stereo file on the track. 

These are wav files from a recording session that I downloaded to practice mixing. 

"Sounds like they are interleaved stereo audio files": I'm not 100% knowledgeable of the term, but after researching in other sources I'm almost 100% confident that that's what they are. 

I guess I should rewrite my question. How can I export split channel audio files into Logic and stop Logic from organizing the files as interleaved audio files?

Thanks for the prompt reply!