Can Logic Pro's Tempo slave to an remote source?

rockmann413

It hasn't been able to sync to an external clock since LP8. I had LE7, which did sync to external sources, and my original plan was to use LE7 for software instruments that would input into my Roland VS recorder, which I'd use for audio recordings. When LP8 came out, I had to go 'all in' with Logic, and I abandoned the Roland VS-2000.

I routinely slave Logic Pro X to Studio Vision Pro from another computer using midi time code. I do tell Logic what the incoming tempo is in the control bar. The lockup is pretty quick, but I have found the sync is not exact. I've measured +/- 6 ms. when slaving. This is good enough to automate plugin parameters, etc., but is not tight enough that you could split audio or midi between the two machines. FWIW, I send MTC out from SVP on my G4 via a MOTU midi timepiece. I then connect a midi cable from that midi timepiece's midi out to another midi timepiece's midi in which is plugged into the Mac Pro running Logic. MTC is just not accurate enough in most cases.