Repeat region

jdpro

Hi,

I am using logic 10.3.1 and am attempting to use the "repeat multiple" function like I often do. Unfortunately it only repeats a portion of the region. Then I noticed that when I select the region the cycle area is not selecting the whole region length like usual. As I click other regions it does this for some but not others. Also, when I undo it, it doesn't return my original selection. I must have changed something because this has never happened before.

Please advise.

Thanks. But as I was attempting to describe, I repeat all the time. When I command R on this region, it only repeats a portion of the region. Also, when I undo it, it doesn't return my original selection, only the portion.

Can you tell us what OS you are using?  and which version of Logic?

Problaby of no real help but to clarify:

The repeat multiple times action works on whole selected regions or on a portion of a region, that you have made with the marquee tool. 

The cycle area is of no influence on the repeat multiple times action.

So doesn't matter if cycle area is around a whole region or not, on which you want to do the repeat multiple times action.

Thanks for responses. "No overlap" is already selected. This is a weird one. I have done this hundreds of times and never had this problem.

I confirm your advice on the cycle area. The only reason I mentioned that was because I happen to notice that when I click to select the THIS region, the cycle area only highlights a small portion of that area. As I experiment by clicking other regions, they all highlight the entire area in the cycle area. I just copied and pasted the section I needed. I like to repeat as an alias because it doesn't create another file. These are 3 non-continuous instances of a chorus backing vocal so loop wouldn't work. Is there another way I'm unaware of.

Thanks again.

Could you possible have data in the region prior to its start?

Move the region to the right several bars. Expand the left side several bars and see if there is any meta data, automation or other there.

Try cutting the region after expanding it, delete the left side and put the region back to its normal start point - see if that corrects it.

This has happen to me many times and results in erroneous cut/paste and movement. in most cases it was automation that started prior to region start.

Sorry for my delay in response. I expanded the regions as suggested and there was just some silence that I had trimmed. Definitely no automation. I did manage to achieve the desired repeat alias function when I right clicked in the cycle area and unselected "auto set locators". Thanks to all who responded.