Sustain Pedal bypasses first plugin?

NUCLEUS
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hello,

I've been working in Logic Pro X for a while now and my sustain pedal has worked with Logic along with my Oxygen 49 Controller perfectly, until recently. For some odd reason, when I use the sustain pedal on an instrument track, the sustain pedal by default now acts as a bypass for the first plugin in my plugin bank (which is normally the Channel EQ). Bypassing the control surface remedies this and makes the sustain pedal act as it should, but the transport buttons and the faders/knobs I have mapped to different functions stop working as a result since I bypassed the controller, which ultimately slows down my workflow. Can someone please help me figure this out? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This is so weird...

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

Hi,

For some odd reason, when I use the sustain pedal on an instrument track, the sustain pedal by default now acts as a bypass for the first plugin in my plugin bank (which is normally the Channel EQ)

The reason is that the message sent by the sustain pedal has been assigned to a bypass parameter. You need to open the Controller Assignments window, Expert View, look for that assignment and delete it.

Bypassing the control surface remedies this and makes the sustain pedal act as it should, but the transport buttons and the faders/knobs I have mapped to different functions stop working

Totally expected behavior. That's what Bypassing Control Surfaces does. It's not a solution to this type of problem, it's only useful to verify that the problem is indeed an unwanted assignment. The only real solution is to actually go and delete the unwanted assignment.

Thanks for the reply guys! Super helpful!

Nasty remark. No one's obliged to answer anyone's post here. 

J.

• 2 months later...