Weird issue / LPX isn't recognizing certain notes of my MIDI keyboard

Exentry
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello LPX users,

I've been using this amazing software for a few months now and I came across what seems to be a MIDI error. Since a didn't find anything on the forums, i'm posting my first thread here.

I bought an Arturia Minilab mkII a few weeks ago. I had no compatibility issues or troubles using it with LPX until now.

When i'm playing on this specific keyboard, LPX plays all the notes normally for a minute or two (exept that all notes seems to have an infinite sustain) then the MIDI signal is not detected anymore. But if I play 2 notes or more it only plays one notzoff the chord... Weird right?

What I tried :

- New channel / New project

- Keyboard factory reset /Reinstalled device firware

- Reset LPX settings / reinstalled Logic

- Checked the "key assignements" but none of the parameters are affected to the MIDI notes nor the keyboard itself.

This device is working fine with GarageBand and the plugins provided from Arturia. I'm pretty sure that this issue is between LPX and the device only. I suspect a compatibility issue with either Analog Minilab 2 (plugin from Arturia) or from the device itself. I could be wrong, but it seems that LPX doesn't receive the MIDI signal "note off", that could explain the infinite sustain. As far as I know, Logic doesn't have a console or something to view/change the MIDI input or signal, right?

What do you guys suggest? I'm completely stuck in my project and and i'm unable to go forward, which is a bit frustrating.

Specs :

Macbook Pro OSX Sierra / i7 2.7Ghz / 8GB Ram / 750GB HDD

Logic Pro 10.3.0

Arturia Minilab mkII firmware up to date 1.0.9.83

• 3 weeks later...