track playhead moving and automatic looping of midi tracks

danjags

Hi I am having an issue with the track playhead moving in logic. I’m also confused that logic is looping some of my midi tracks automatically. I’m not sure if these issues are related. Could you please help?

The looping tracks issue-

I just recorded a brief midi piano part and a vocal simultaneously. After I was done recording, Logic duplicated my piano recording many times automatically (see pic below). Why did this happen? How can I make it stop doing this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avfzc2lewjij8x4/Screenshot%202017-09-03%2000.00.22.png?dl=0

The track playhead issue-

For the past couple weeks, It seems to be happening almost every time that I play simultaneously with a microphone track and a midi keyboard track. What happens is that I will stop recording in between songs and when I hit record again for the next song, the playhead will jump back and start recording over the existing recording. I know that logic normally jumps back to the previous bar to start the recording and count in to the recording place, but in these situations it is going back much further than just one bar. 

The issue just happened about 10 minutes ago and I took this screen shot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/telj4f2nk5aowkc/Screenshot%202017-09-02%2023.46.52.png?dl=0

The playhead jumped back to around bar 673 when I hit the record button. It continues to jump back to that same place every time that I start recording after i place the playhead back at the end of the timeline, so this makes it very difficult to record (I have only been getting around it by dragging the green piano track back before bar 673). 

I’m not sure why that dimmed out green lines are on the piano track after both of the brighter green lines on the piano track (not even sure if i played this or if logic is adding it by itself).  I also notice that the piano track has indents on the top and bottom at two points. Can someone please explain why it looks like this? It looks similar to the dimmed green lines in the other issue, which makes me think they may be connected. I’m not sure where that came from or why it looks like that.

I just tried to replicate this issue to show you what I mean in video, but am not getting the same result right now. Not sure what triggers it yet.

Could you please help me understand whats going on? How can I fix this issue?

Thanks, Dan

Thanks triplets. Do you know why Logic is creating these loops? And how to make them stop the loops?

And also why was the track playhead jumping back? Do you think that's related to the loops or is that a separate issue?

This has happened on multiple projects over the past week. They have all been started on the same template though, could it be that the template is corrupt?

Thanks for the advice. The session was a long session of covers during a live stream, so was not concerned about losing the ideas in this situation. Will remember that in future projects though.

Yes - sorry....

The loops are being created because you have the loop box enabled in the midi thru parameters.... To correct this...

1/ Click on the arrange window background ( so no region is selected) and confirm the inspector region name is "Midi Thru" -  uncheck the loop box. 

That should solve your problem. [

attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 12.57.22 PM.png[/attachment]

79909094_ScreenShot2017-09-13at12_57_22PM.png.5db7c0813e61e472fed0a72c07caf054.png