Score Editor weirdness with text (hor pos, opt drag to copy)

dbman

Been finding weirdness with Score Editor text, mainly in the top zone.

1. The horizontal position seems to have a max value of +999?  But sometimes I am able to go way over.  I am trying to align text properly on the right, so I set the alignment left and want a large horizontal position.  somehow the highlighted text lost it's horizontal position and I can't get it back to +1231.

https://imgur.com/YNH6Yfg

2. I want to easily copy and paste text, but i can't opt drag to copy it like I can do elsewhere.  or, if i use the pencil tool, it doesn't keep the same setting as the selected text, such as alignment and horizontal position. 

how I can make it easy to add a fair amount of text on the top area on the right side? (i also have some on left so this is why I am aligning things to the right)

thanks,

. The horizontal position seems to have a max value of +999?  But sometimes I am able to go way over.  I am trying to align text properly on the right, so I set the alignment left and want a large horizontal position.  somehow the highlighted text lost it's horizontal position and I can't get it back to +1231.

Use the layout tool to position the text to where you want it. It will allow H.horizontal position values greater than that (999) which is the max selectable in the event box.

2. I want to easily copy and paste text, but i can't opt drag to copy it like I can do elsewhere.  or, if i use the pencil tool, it doesn't keep the same setting as the selected text, such as alignment and horizontal position. 

how I can make it easy to add a fair amount of text on the top area on the right side? (i also have some on left so this is why I am aligning things to the right)

You cannot option drag global text to make a copy.  You can use the nudge command, use the shift key in conjunction with selecting the * in the event list to make all position references that same.  some examples....

2106227780_Globaltext3.thumb.gif.4214425eb02344fe6399bf17f42d6a46.gif

• 2 weeks later...