SCORE: Putting in an unattached "Fall"

DanRad
Go to solution Solved by Plowman,

There are many symbols that can be inputed and not attached to a note... though they might normally be.  But I can't seem to get a fall to be "free" to put where ever i desire.  When I attached a fall to a tied note, it attaches to the first of the tied notes and doesn't look right or tell the player really where the fall should be.  Below is what I do in these cases which is use a "tie" and make it look like a fall.. but it's hard to make it look right.. Is there a solution?

2139643112_ScreenShot2017-09-05at1_41_07PM.png.e970b75ef60815f8eceb6f7b12d78ed5.png

• Solution

Is option-dragging the fall symbol not working for you? As you can see, I'm not in Jazz font. And independent placement of symbols (option-drag) has always been finicky for me. But when it works, I can place the fall over the last of the tied notes. I resize it to improve the appearance. But whether it's that much of an improvement over the "MacGyver tie" is up for debate. The tie can be lengthened, and its arc can be modified. The fall appears fixed in slant and length. I also had to insert a rest to be laid out further to the right, making room for the fall.  

1247346786_OptionDragFallasFree-StandingSymbol.gif.91e2b0d8f2d2097584766cf8243c7c04.gif