Latency issue recording from ableton into logic

sannety

I'm experiencing some latency problems with recording, any help with this would be greatly appreciated !

Set up is as follows.

2 computers, let's call them rig A and rig B.

Rig A is used for electronics / running max/msp and Ableton into a Motu Ultralite mk3 hybrid.

Rig B is using Logic to record Bass and 2 channels from rig A (main out of rig A + a channel with a click on it coming from rig A) and the same type of Motu interface.

So I'm (rig A) recording my parts in ableton, and the other person is recording bass and my main out for reference; we will then combine everything in Logic and edit/mix etc in there. The click is needed also for reference, and for him to record to.

The mains are coming from Motu A (outputs 3 & 4) to Motu B via input 3 & 4.

The click is coming from Motu A (output 5) to Motu B via input 5.

2 different latency issues:

1. There is latency if he records the mains and the click together. In the recording in Logic the click is clearly offset from the mains.

so it records latency between these channels.

2. There is latency between what I'm playing through the speakers,  and with what you hear while monitoring through either cuemix or logic in Rig B ; there is a huge latency.

There's no latency in my setup, whether playback monitoring or recording. I've checked my patches / plug ins / I've monitored with headphones from the channels that i'm sending, when i record everything is in sync etc; Everything seems ok here. I've asked the ABleton helpdesk and they point at Logic.

We were on the phone troubleshooting with Motu, but they point to Ableton. The guy at the logic tech support told us to update logic and then quickly hung up i kid you not mahaha.

So maybe someone out there knows anything we might have overlooked on the Logic side?

Thanks for any suggestions or insight, this is driving me nuts!

Rig A = 

Motu Ultralyte mk3 

MacBook Pro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB  //  MAC OS X Sierra  10.12.6 // Ableton Live 9 Suite (latest) // Max/MSP 7.3.4   //

Rig B = 

Motu Ultralyte Mk3 

Macbook pro 2012 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 4GB  // Mac Osx Sierra 10.12.6 // Logic Pro X 10.3.2