converting a 44.1k track into 48k for import to a 48k project

tonepoet

Hi,

I posted the question below as a follow up to an old thread that addressed my problem here, https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84380&p=679383#p679383, but didn't receive a reply so am trying again with a new post: 

I have a project in 48k but needed to import into this project an audio track recorded originally at 44.1k. As it stands, this 44.1k track is higher pitched when imported in the 48k project.

From the audio bin, could not convert the sample rate because the sample rate menu is greyed out. The only parameter offered to change is the file-type: Apple Lossless, AIFF, etc., nothing more. I verified that my project is indeed saved with the box checked next to sample rate conversion during import. 

Grateful for advice—thank you in advance.  

Unfortunately that also didn't work, but by accident I found the solution: 

In the copy/convert menu, the default setting for the file type is Apple Lossless. With Apple Lossless, all the other menu options are greyed out. When I switched the file type to Wave, then all the other menus—including sample rates—were accessible and I converted to 48K with no problems.