Trouble Importing a midi drum file, please help.

Martin John Butler

I have a project with a drum part bounced in place. I want to change the drums, so I went to an earlier version of the song and placed the Superior Drummer 2.0 midi file on my desktop. I then went back to the project to import that file, but instead of importing the one midi file, I got around 50 piano tracks, each one with a single measure of the imported midi. 

Any idea what the heck happened? I still want to import that file.

I'll try, thanks, much appreciated. I managed to get it working by opening both projects and just copying and pasting. I'd still like to know why exporting to my desktop and dragging it into the new project didn't work. I'd upload a screenshot to show you the weird stair step of piano tracks I got, but I don't see how to do it. The "insert an image" icon is looking for a URL, not something on my desktop.

Hi,

I then went back to the project to import that file, but instead of importing the one midi file, I got around 50 piano tracks, each one with a single measure of the imported midi.

Sounds like your file is a multi-track, format 1 MIDI file. If you convert it to format 0 either with a 3rd party utility like Midikit, or by exporting it from Logic as format 0 (there's a preference for that under General > Project Management) you should be good to go.

J.