MHarmonizer Plugin Setup

djroberts1

I have Melda Production's MHarmonizer plugin and I'm setting it up in Logic.  I've set up an audio track with my mic as the input and used a bus to route it to an aux track with the plugin on it.  The plugin does its job pitch shifting the incoming audio just fine, however, I want my keyboard to control which notes come out.  So I set up an instrument track going to the same bus, but no MIDI information is being sent to the aux track.  If I add an instrument plugin to the instrument track, only the instrument's resulting audio is sent through the plugin, still not the MIDI information.

I should note I achieved the desired effect in Pro Tools by using a MIDI track instead of an instrument track and setting it's output to the aux track.  However, Logic does not have MIDI tracks, only instrument tracks.  I want to get it to work in Logic because the ultimate goal is to have it work in MainStage for live performance.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Hi,

You need to load the MHarmonizer as a MIDI-Controlled Effect. You do this from the Instrument slot of a Software Instrument channel strip. 

Once loaded, it will process any audio it receives via its sidechain input (upper right corner of the plug-in window) while simultaneosly responding to MIDI input from your keyboard.

You won't even need to bus the audio, you'll be able to choose your audio track (or even live audio input) directly from the sidechain input menu.

J.