How can I remove sounds under legacy in Logic Pro X's library?

rraallvv

I couldn't find an option on Logic Pro X to remove the legacy stuff in the library. The only options available are for installing new sounds.

Also I'd like to know whether those projects that make use of deleted sounds could be edited as normal, or will Logic prompt me to download only the missing sounds?

0CaGL.png

I think the best way to uninstall the sounds is to not select them when installing logic from the start. I would also like to know how to do this so i can uninstall the drummer content. As for projects that use the deleted sounds i think as long as they're not apart of the essential sounds logic will not automatically download them. You will just see down arrows in the library indicating sounds are available to download.

I think the best way to uninstall the sounds is to not select them when installing logic from the start. I would also like to know how to do this so i can uninstall the drummer content. As for projects that use the deleted sounds i think as long as they're not apart of the essential sounds logic will not automatically download them. You will just see down arrows in the library indicating sounds are available to download.

I installed most of the legacy stuff from pkg files downloaded from the links here but I've deleted all the installers, do you know of some kind of tool that could track what those pkg file installed.

Hi,

do you know of some kind of tool that could track what those pkg file installed.

If you haven't deleted the bom's ("bill of materials") that get stored in System/Library/Receipts for those packages, you can use Pacifist (shareware) to see what the packages contain, and where their content is supposed to go.

J.

Thanks, I was able to use pkgutil as specified here to get rid of the packages.