Hardware Question.

WhistleMan

Hello, I'm fairly new to Logic and have been trying to figure out is it possible to use a hardware vocal effects pedal at the input recording stage so that when I play the recording back in Logic the effects from the hardware pedal are on the track. I have tried using the I/O plugin in logic but it's not working. The audio interface I have is the focusrite scarlett 18i8. I'm thinking I might need an interface with extra out channels on it. This one only has 2 line outs for the monitors and 2 headphone outs. The pedal is a boss ve 20 vocal processor. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. It's driving me nuts!!

Hi Tripletts. Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure what you mean. Do I set up 2 tracks? The first track is a regular track without the effects pedal so it's just the mic connected straight into the input of the scarlett? Then the second track is the mic connected to the effects pedal and that goes input 2 of scarlett from left mono out of pedal? I'm a bit confused sorry!!