Batch Export Summing Tracks?

reflekshun
Go to solution Solved by reflekshun,

I have many songs with 50-100 audio tracks which I usually send to the mixing engineer with 8-10 stems. In other DAWs, I usually do this by grouping tracks into 8-10 groups. I'm having trouble trying to do this with Logic (10.3.2). When I select track stacks and export it will export the track stacks and every single track contained in the track stack. Is there any option to only export track stacks (summing tracks) in Logic? 

My goal is to basically simplify the 50-100 tracks to 8-10 stems for mixing, so if there is an alternative way to doing this I'm open to it.

Many thanks!

Sorry I didn't make that clear - I'm using track stacks / summing folders to group these tracks into fewer, larger sections. I'm summing and organizing the production, not making a final mix or anything, that's for the mixing engineer as part of the process of the company I work for. I focus on composition, the engineer focusses on mixing. 

But I'm not going to send him 50-100 stems - it's not suitable for the work we do, I'd rather do a very rough sub-mix of 8-10 stems before he does the final. Hope that makes sense.

I've figured out the best way to work around this:

1) Name only the tracks / track stacks you want with number prefixes (01 Piano, 02 Strings etc). 

2) Select 'Export all tracks as audio files'. 

3) In finder / explorer, you should clearly see after export the files without number prefixes - delete these and you'll have your intended tracks and track stacks as stems in one single offline export! 

I hope this helps / makes sense to whoever needs it in the future :) 

• 5 months later...
Found a much easier solution:

1) Select Track Stacks using CMD + Click on each of them 

(NOT Shift Click, this will also select all subtracks inside)

2) Press CMD + E (Export x Tracks as Audio Files...)

That's it!

This results in 0-10 sec silent audio files for me. Any ideas? I’m on track stacks. Thanks :)

Found a much easier solution:

1) Select Track Stacks using CMD + Click on each of them 

(NOT Shift Click, this will also select all subtracks inside)

2) Press CMD + E (Export x Tracks as Audio Files...)

That's it!

This results in 0-10 sec silent audio files for me. Any ideas? I’m on track stacks. Thanks :)

Exporting Tracks as Audio Files won't include any signals sent to busses or mastering auxes. It will just export those audio tracks as-is, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Exporting Tracks as Audio Files won't include any signals sent to busses or mastering auxes. It will just export those audio tracks as-is, so maybe that has something to do with it?

So what reflekshun is describing is separate tracks within the stacks not the stack itself? It sounded like the stacks by the ”NOT shift click”.

So what reflekshun is describing is separate tracks within the stacks not the stack itself? It sounded like the stacks by the ”NOT shift click”.

I think he just meant that by CMD-Clicking he wasn't selecting consecutively. That wouldn't have any bearing on which tracks he was selecting other than they weren't necessarily next to each other.

• 1 year later...
It has been a while since I posted this, but @seabass yes that is what I meant, it was specifically to export the track stack SUM only, not the separate tracks that are included inside the track stack. Make sure you also select the range of the export with the cycle range. I hope it still works!