Logic is very slow

Kaatza Music

I have Logic 10.3.2 loaded. Lately, I've noticed that Logic takes longer to do things. I get a lot of spinning beach balls. They eventually go away and everything does work. The slowest seems to be Kontakt 10.6.8. Either in Logic or stand alone, it takes a couple of minutes of spinning beach ball, just to open the GUI, even if the instance was already set up and loaded with samples. VEP6 is also slow.

I have made no hardware or software changes recently. Any ideas as to why everything is so slow? I have a 2015 MacBook Pro 2.8 quad with 16 GB ram and a 1 TB SSD, running El Capitan. All of my samples are on a 4 TB thunderbolt G-Drive. 

Does it show that behaviour without VEP and your slave machine? Sounds like the system is having trouble accessing something. Typically that could be a hard disk or a network - and you have a network set up. sometimes the computer can still think it is on a network, even when it isn't and wait for information from that. So it could be in your settings.