Nonlinear edit of constant change of time signatures

Trumilum

Hello,

Question nr 1:

I have a big project that changes time signature almost every bar. How can I change a part in the beginning that is now written 4/4, to instead be:

1 bar 2/4

15 bars 4/4

1 bar 2/4 

WITHOUT changing time signatures and bar number that comes LATER in the project?

Or you can put it:

I simply want to edit time signatures in the beginning of the song without messing up time signatures and bar numbers in the end of the song.

Question nr 2:

Is it even possible to lock a specific part of the song where the time signatures can stay fixed, when I'm changing them in another part?

I shall also say that the project is finished with fixed bar numbers and tempo changes which I don't want to be modified. Just the time signatures.

Thank you for taking your time.

Logic X 10.2.2

Macbook Air Mid 2013 Mac OS X 10.9.5

Thank you very much for your answer David.

But I'm sorry to say that it's not working out because then, all time signatures later on in the project gets messed up. 

The inputing of different time signatures only work when I do it linear, aka from beginning to end.

Is there a list for time signatures or some other way that you can edit them, except from global tracks?

Lets say I have a full project with different time signatures and I want to maka a change in the beginning: I want to input a bar of 2/4 where it is 16 bars of 4/4. When I input the 2/4 bar, everything coming later in the project is moved because 16 bars of 2/4 is just half the part of the same material in 4/4.

I want other parts of the project to stay intact when I do an tie signature edit in the beginning. Or: I want my divisions of the material to stay intact time signature-wise on other parts.

Thanks in advance.

Here comes the attached project called LogicProHelp 1700912.

I want to make bar 25 an 2/4

Then 4/4 all the way to the last part of bar 49 which needs to be an 2/4

Bar 50 needs to be 3/4

Bar 51 and 65 needs to be 4/4

And from there everything needs to be as it is written time signature-wise in the project.

Thank you very much in advance!

LogicProHelp 1700912.zip

Sorry David, but I'm not getting it to work out.

I only manage to do 2/4 from bar 25 'til bar 50 (now called bar 75 since the bar number is dubbled because of 2/4 instead of 4/4) which needs to be 3/4. 

Maybe I could live with this if it wasn't for the need to write a proper score.

Could you open the attached project?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Trumilum,

This is a constant frustration as Logic insists on everything being in song form from Bar 1. Really hurts sometimes when scoring or working with film. However there is a solution I think. You can make alternate Signature sets now! Copy the current signature list into an new set to be safe. Make another fresh one and enter your time signatures from the beginning. Then go to the original time signature track and copy that into the new one you just made. This should work beautifully.

Hello broza2broza,

Thank you very much for your advice. Seems to be a very good solution!

I can Set new, Duplicate set, Rename set and Delete set in the drop down meny in my version of Logic X 10.2.2.

But how do you copy the original time signature set into the new one?

Very good advice.

But there are hundreds of time signature changes in this big project and I can't find a way of copying them except Shift + Clicking every single one of them (together with the danger of slipping and dragging them out of place).

Sorry for having these really specific demands :(

No problem at all broza2broza!

I actually had to use "Select all following of Same Track/Pitch" to get it working. Otherwise it copies all tempo data and midi tracks as well and mess things up when you paste.

Super nice that you could help me out and save my day!

Take care.

All the best.

/Trumilum