My bounced music seems more distorted

forallthesyn33
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

So i have been using Logic for Years now, I recently updated to version 10.3 and I also purchased a copy of BIAS by positive grid.

my tracks sound great when I am recording them, I get all of my levels just right and it sound great in my headphones, then when it comes time to bounce my track it bounces successfully and when I go to listen to it the guitars sound way more distorted than they did in the original track, so a chuggy guitar part sounds like its muddy and has way more bass than necessary.

has anyone encountered this before? it seems this has only been an issue since I updated to the new version of BIAS FX, it may not even be a logic problem. any and all help is appreciated

My suggestion, so you can track the problem: bounce in place each track WITH the effects on it. Listen to it and see if it distorts. If not, then try to bounce the whole song and see if it distorts. 

I know this is probably obvious, but are you sure your output is not clipping? Sometimes what people consider "right levels", they are talking about each individual track which makes no difference at all, as long as the output is not clipping. Individual tracks can clip like crazy, as long as the final output is not.

What headphones are you using?

What speakers do you use to listen back?

I am using audio technica m50 headphones, they even sound distorted through them when it is bounced, I am running my guitar through a focusrite Scarlett 2i2, it says it's not clipping but I'm not sure if maybe there is an output setting where i can turn down the gain on the particular instrument track?