Heavy static/distortion

I.M. Groot

I'm working on a project with scores of tracks, and most of the tracks have some level of Logic Pro EQ and/or Chorus on them.

I'm running into a problem where the more tracks I have, the more static/distortion I'm getting.

Is this happening because of the cumulative effect of the EQ on all the tracks?

Is there any way to fix this? Would combining (bouncing) tracks help, maybe? Any tips?

I would start by trying googling logic buffer and latency settings, or logic crackling examples for recording, and then for mixing, and try that a bit. It usually helps but each system reacts slightly differently.

Thanks for these ideas xgman, I am looking into them.

I think I may have made some progress toward solving this problem. I went in and switched most of the low end EQ to high end, and a good 85% of the problem disappeared.

This leads me to believe that somehow the low end frequencies, spread across multiple tracks, were causing distortion. I realize that David said (very confidently) that this sort of thing shouldn't be happening--and I don't know why it did--but that does seem to be the takeaway.