Strange Stem Export Naming Question / Bug?

reflekshun
Go to solution Solved by Myvarimu,

Every time I export using 'export all tracks as audio files' or 'export 'x' tracks as as audio files'. After the export finishes, Logic renames all my exported audio files with a '_1' at the end of every file, even though the folder is totally empty.

I have tried this on two separate systems, one on an El Capitan iMac, the other on a Sierra Macbook pro. Same exact problem, which makes me think it's likely to be a bug. But I wanted to check this with other people before I confirmed that it was in fact an audio export bug. I don't have this problem when using the 'bounce' options, but I rely on the export audio function when exporting stems. Any feedback from other people's experiences would be greatly appreciated, maybe I'm missing something!

Here is what my dialog window looks like for exporting: (just the track names, into an empty folder)

1193789895_ExportDialog.thumb.png.4440c4127034be8aee849cdacc778635.png

Here is what my audio files look like during the export: (totally perfect)

419434891_DuringExport.png.e35eb9b0dba8bdd650c8c4a39366b34e.png

Here is what my audio files look like after the export is completed: (with the _1 for an unknown reason)

395549133_AfterExport.png.d8ac78da5c98e179bc6289b6341c810b.png

Wow! That is ugly as hell! Strange. Goes against me trying to make it quicker / easier to later import stems to a different DAW or sending off to an engineer's DAW using the names I've created. No one wants _1 on the end of every channel name etc.

It also goes against Logic's standard bounce feature, which doesn't include any '_1' in it unless there's a duplicate. That behavior (add _1, _2 etc for duplicates) actually makes sense, which makes me think this is still a bug or an error in design - since I don't think anyone has a use for this naming behavior unless there is a duplicate file in the folder.

Oh well - thanks for the heads up! :)