Logic X scanning audio units at each start

bigramp

Hi

I've just installed High Sierra, all plugins did scan mostly fine, but now Logic re-scans a small batch of plugins EACH time it starts.

I've repaired permissions, deleted the com.apple.audiounits.cache file, moved half the plugins in a separate directory (then the other half), nothing changed... I don't have novation automap installed (it seems to be problematic)

any help ?

thx

It sounds like they deleted the cache file once, to see if it would recreate the file and fix the issue.

FWIW, pros typically don't take a major update like High Sierra for ~6 months after release. There are a lot of kinks to be worked out, especially when you account for the multitude 3rd party tools being used.

You may want to consider going back to Sierra.

It sounds like they deleted the cache file once, to see if it would recreate the file and fix the issue.

FWIW, pros typically don't take a major update like High Sierra for ~6 months after release. There are a lot of kinks to be worked out, especially when you account for the multitude 3rd party tools being used.

You may want to consider going back to Sierra.

ha, i've been running the public betas for years, yet consider myself a 'pro' (i earn my living doing music). has it always been easy? not at all, but i enjoy the challenge. and i like testing new features, observing the development of a new OS. 

still, bottom line: whatever works. and it's the music that matters most, of course.

Right, and troubleshooting OS related bugs isn't worth compromising stability, for most people that rely on DAWs for work. But hey, if you enjoy it and it piques your curiosity, have at it. The bug reports you early adopters send help the rest of us out  :P

i've hit some snags, but i can honestly say that i've never not finished a project on time, or lost work due to troubleshooting. i always file reports of issues. i've even been on the phone with apple over a logic issue a couple of years ago. so, i take responsibility for my (apparent) lack of responsibility  :mrgreen:

Hi

I've just installed High Sierra, all plugins did scan mostly fine, but now Logic re-scans a small batch of plugins EACH time it starts.

I've repaired permissions, deleted the com.apple.audiounits.cache file, moved half the plugins in a separate directory (then the other half), nothing changed... I don't have novation automap installed (it seems to be problematic)

any help ?

thx

You mentioned about Automap... not being installed.

Did you ever had it?

If so, I remember there was a bug about it causing to rescan all the plugins every time Logic was booted up, and that Novation fixed with the addition of a feature to be enabled (in their application) to prevent that from happening.

Perhaps it's still there, lurking somewhere, as uninstallation sometimes does not remove everything or reset all the system's features to their default original settings.