Two hardware synth modules, two midi interfaces and splitting them to one keyboard, how?

joachim_s

Hi!

The most confusing title ever for this post, but I have no idea how to ask the question easier.

I have two Volca's, one Volca Bass and one Volca Keys. These are connected through two different midi interfaces and I want to play them split on my MIDI keyboard. I've made everything work except one last step: being able to play them on keyboard simultaneously. Now I only get sound from them separately when I select one of the software tracks.

What am I doing wrong?

Kindly,

Joachim

Edited by joachim_s

I have two Volca's, one Volca Bass and one Volca Keys. These are connected through two different midi interfaces and I want to play them split on my MIDI keyboard. I've made everything work except one last step: being able to play them on keyboard simultaneously. Now I only get sound from them separately when I select one of the software tracks.

Go to the Tracks window side panel [see attachment] and set the key range of the Volca Keys and Volca Bass tracks accordingly.  Record enable both of them and you'll be able to use both devices with your MIDI keyboard.

1594014161_SplitKeyboard.png.f028c20a126b9d69ebd09f4ea97f8a9c.png

Go to the Tracks window side panel [see attachment] and set the key range of the Volca Keys and Volca Bass tracks accordingly.  Record enable both of them and you'll be able to use both devices with your MIDI keyboard.

Thanks man! I just had missed out on record enabling them both. So obvious, silly me! Now I have (sort of) an analog full range synth at home. Playing on my DX7 brings forth the 80s feelings too :)

I just had missed out on record enabling them both.

You could also pack both tracks into a summing stack, then you only have to R-enable the main track of the track stack. You can save that summing stack as a patch in the Library.

Alos great!

Do anyone of you know how I don't make both midi tracks record both synths on both tracks as midi information?