Exporting stems with CLA plugins

ifta2004

Hey there,

I just started using Logic X (I can't believe how little it crashes compared to Logic 9!) and I am having an issue exporting tracks as audio files.

I have several electric guitar tracks with bussed effects.  I have made the auxiliary tracks in 'tracks' by selecting 'create track' and then using the pencil tool have drawn the track out the full length of the song.

No matter what I do I am unable to preserve these effects.  The only tracks with effects that bounce properly are those with the CLA plugin directly on the track.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

J

Sure thing...I found this article (which I have since discovered to be out of date) here:

https://ask.audio/articles/logic-pro-x-prepping-stems-for-a-mix-or-remix

Basically I am preparing to send my song to my mixing engineer.  I want to do it properly and make sure I send him everything in a way that is easiest to work with.

In one song I have several electric guitar tracks.  2 of these tracks have a CLA Plugin directly on the channel.  The remaining 5 tracks are being bussed to an auxiliary track with a different CLA Plugin.

In the process of exporting all my tracks I have found that only the tracks with the CLA plugins directly on the channel get exported with the plugins.

My plan was to simply bounce each individual guitar track but I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.  I stumbled upon this article from 2013 and thought it was a solution.