Downloading Logic X content to external hard drive

Restless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just read that in LPX you have to manually move them and use an alias in the default folder because there is no longer an option to do so within logic. There are certain drawbacks (for one Logic will still show downloadable content available) but it supposedly works well. However, I didn't spend much time on it and perhaps they have returned this option to logic in subsequent updates (since the article I found was written). Am hoping to find the answer here as to whether this is the case and how well it (using aliases) works (performance wise).

I'm also curious (but will search more threads for details on this) if a USB3 7200rpm drive is fast enough that it will not degrade performance to put my libraries on it.

• 2 years later...
I can not download it to my MacBook and then move it to the external drive because my internal drive is too small.

I need to be able to download the sound library directly to my external drive and I can not figure it out.

Do you have enough drive space to download only the essential sounds to your internal drive? If so do that and then use the relocate library function in the menu to move them to your external drive. Then download the rest of the sounds.