Why is this bus rouet not working?

ronny

Hi i thought i had the busses and aux sussed out but??

I have 2 old kit recordings tracks, a left and right panned, i wanted to sum them to a single track to get a tempo map off it. I thought i could just output them (not through the sends ) to a bus / Aux, insert a gate on the Aux channel and gate it tightly to just kick and snare then record that auxs out to another audio track to lift the tempo off that single track. i know there's different ways of doing this but wanted to try this way.

Alls well until i create an audio track to record to and try and try to assign its input to the Aux1 which I've named KIT AUX' but when i press that tracks input box and go to the busses all i get is 'BUS 1 (Left arrow) Kit Left - Kit right' and not Bus 1 - KIT AUX.

So when i record the track there's no processing on it.

probably simple but ?

Thanks anyone. Ronny 

Thanks for your help

I just setup a dummy project of 4 audio tracks, all stereo, tracks 1-2 with loops on them / output tracks 1 and 2 to bus 1 stereo, (AUX 1 with chorus inserted) can still only get 3 or 4 choice, and not 3-4

Also if i solo the audio tracks 1and 2 shouldn't they be dry as I'm getting the processing from AUX 1.

I always thought the solo was listening to the track contents and not where its outputted to.

Getting very confusing.