displaying chord info

Radiussound

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to know how I can see:

-chord/scale  information from selected notes and selected regions.

AFAIK, there is not that feature (anymore) in Logic. If you hold down the chord notes on a keyboard, the LCD will display the held chord. The scale is something you set either in the (key) signature track, signature list or signature window; or from within the LCD which displays the currently active one. The control bar might need customization to show that information. 

Also, in the Piano Roll editor, you could select a specific scale from the local inspector and scale quantize notes according to that selected scale. 

image.png.75235a9893883f8d096e26e8abc7168e.png

-Also, on playback I don't see any chord or scale information.

As mentionned above, the played chord is realtime displayed in the LCD. Likely (?) you will have to fiddle in the Environment to loop back the MIDI data stream back into the Sequencer Input object in order to display the playback chords in the LCD, since the latter shows what is coming in Logic (from outside)... Not very convenient admittedly...

I would be really helpful for me.

Thanks

What is the purpose of your request? What are you wishing to achieve exactly?

I have requested this functionality. The easiest solution I can think of is to have the chord display on the visual keyboard.

See this thread https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124133

If enough people request the functionally we might get it. https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

1480006057_Keyboard20Chord20Display.png.fe32ab890d2737f93fd179c44c657da7.png

Edited by scottkrk

Thanks Scottkrk!

Atlas007, I am experimenting and learning from an app called PolyChordPad on iOS and it very helpful to me. It is until very recently I am getting more knowlegdeable about music scales and the different chord names. When it comes to music I always made what whas in my head. I discovered that 'what is in my head' is limited. It is great to make music this way and I will keep doing that but when I actually know what I am playing in terms of music-theory I can study it and make music in a way that's more creative to me. When I see the chord name / scale at playback it gives me another musical challenge.

• 3 years later...