Can I "Select Track" via Midi-Controller & Key Command ?

Sebmo
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hello. First of all please consider that the values that you enter in the box should be in Hex number format. If you want to use a midi controller key as CC, this should be configured in the controller itself. I see that you are using an ipad. Not really sure how this can be done. If you succeed in setting the keys as CC messages, when you learn the key in Logic, it should automatically assign the correct values. In my case it looks like this: B0 03 Lo7

Hi Vutan,

About the Hex number formats, do you know where I can find the Hex number formats for CC numbers? I have not found the Hex values on the internet and on this forum.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, Diegocrito said:

I cant set the parameter value to "select" 

I'm having this same problem. I have no options under parameter if start it from learn mode. If I create a new control it defaults to volume but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get any other options.

I found that for me the best way to get this to work was to use one of the HUI control surfaces already in the CS setup and program my controller to the midi info there rather than trying to change the midi info in Logic. This has the advantage of when the cs forgets or changes the port I just change that back rather then program the whole thing again. 

1 minute ago, redgreenblue said:

I found that for me the best way to get this to work was to use one of the HUI control surfaces already in the CS setup and program my controller to the midi info there rather than trying to change the midi info in Logic. This has the advantage of when the cs forgets or changes the port I just change that back rather then program the whole thing again. 

Thanks for the quick reply but I figured it out just now, I didn't install the logic control like he said to, I thought you could just pick the parameters out after learning it from whatever midi controller. Seems super convoluted but it works so... thanks everyone!