Pitch bend center position out of tune after performing a pitch bend up (or down)

stratquebec
Go to solution Solved by stratquebec,

Hi!

New project. One synth software instrument. On my keyboard, after performing a pitch bend up (or down) and returning to the center position the pitch is slightly out of tune of a couple of cent up, or down.

Same thing  with LP9

***No problem using Cubase or Reason***

If I try the same using a guest account everything is absolutely fine!

I tried trashing the preferences with no success. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi David, thanks for your help.

Using Midi Monitor : 8191 (higher) then 0 back to center then -8192 lower, then 0 back to center

In the Logic event list, 8191 (higher) then 192 back to center then -7872 (lower) then -192 back to center.

Using a guest account Midi monitor values = Logic pro values.

Well, obviously  there's something's wrong with midi in my main account. Nothing related to Logic then? If so, I wonder why it works perfectly with Reason, Cubase?  OMG! Believe me, I'm not drunk!  8-). Don't loose your time with that. I'll reinstall El cap and see.

Have a nice day!

Thanks!

Update:

El capitan 10.11.6  reinstalled.

Run disk utility and changed the usb cable.

Problem not solved.

Reminder. I get the message Error Initializing CoreMidi when I launch LPX.

The workaround is to launch the Audio Midi Setup  utility before launching Logic.

Update 2:

I thought I solved the Error Initializing CoreMidi by emptying the system library/audio midi drivers folder and reboot the mac.

Problem not solved.

Since a long time I observe that at launch, LPX spent a lot of time during the  "Updating Information about Audio Units plug-ins.. " task (see animate logic.gif ) but it flies if the Audio-Midi Setup is open before launching Logic. (see animated logic2.gif)

Update 3:

If via the environment I assign a knob on my main controller (Alesis VI61) to control the pitch bend of logic all is fine.

Edited by stratquebec

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Strat,

I'm having weird pitchbend issues too. Under the piano roll editor when I select pitch bend view there is no bend information visible but in the Event list, they show up? It's been driving me nuts, I would be playing an instrument and it will suddenly pitch up 50 cents with no controller messages being sent by me??

I was beginning to wonder if it's my cheap M-Audio keyboard spewing stuff because it's faulty..?? 

Anyway, to confirm, did you delete all of the above prefs files and did you need to do anything else to get back to your previous (normal) state? Things like Key Commands and controller setups.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Strat,

I'm having weird pitchbend issues too. Under the piano roll editor when I select pitch bend view there is no bend information visible but in the Event list, they show up? It's been driving me nuts, I would be playing an instrument and it will suddenly pitch up 50 cents with no controller messages being sent by me??

I was beginning to wonder if it's my cheap M-Audio keyboard spewing stuff because it's faulty..?? 

Anyway, to confirm, did you delete all of the above prefs files and did you need to do anything else to get back to your previous (normal) state? Things like Key Commands and controller setups.

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like an unrelated issue, furthermore this thread is marked as SOLVED so I would recommend you start a new topic for your issue so we can give it the attention it deserves! Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
Oye Oye

Pitch bend bug fixed after trashing a couple of com.apple.logicxxx stuff. 

Had again a problem with my Korg microKEY but this time with the MOD wheel doing nothing.

Logic Pro X->Control Surfaces->Bypassing All Control surfaces solved the problem but now it was my Korg NanoKontrol2 that was not working

Trashing the com.apple.logic.pro.cs from the .../library/preferences solved the problem.