Buggy project

mc_deli

Started a project without my usual template. Added 16 auxes to set up my usual -tracks-into-groups/fx-sends-wet/dry/master- and got really annoyed with Logic's aux auto-numbering, so changed the aux numbers of existing software instruments so that the mixer would be orderly.

Nothing but grief. This project now has to be opened with core audio disabled:( 

Also one phantom Kontakt track that goes crazy and plays itself, and I can't find any cause.

At the moment I spend about 15% of my studio time troubleshooting this kind of thing and doing workarounds for single core overload. Not entirely content. 

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps that new template is simply corrupted. 

Sadly, that happens. 

In such case, I found it was a waste of time trying to fix that. 

IMHO, starting from a fresh new template although radical, proves to be a more efficient and sensible approach...

If the problem persists, trying this troubleshooting rundown would be the next step I would try.

For better performance, using SSD drive(s) with plenty of available space (>20%) is highly advisable. 

Understandably, often hardware peripherals (soundcard, MIDI controllers, keyboard, mouse, etc, and their ad hoc drivers) and/or concurrently running apps/services/scripts could influence notably how Logic will behave.

Also, depending of your project's content (data type, automation, size, etc...), different settings and prefs options could either improve or impede Logic's perfomance.