Piano Roll Window Bugs

valve

The piano roll window is driving me crazy. I'm wondering if anyone else is also experiencing the erratic behavior I'm seeing, or if it's due to a variable in my system or session that's causing it. Here are a couple things that are constantly happening:

• The window will keep getting "stuck", i.e. it won't redraw itself properly until I click in the MIDI notes area.
  • Using the Command-click tool in the MIDI Draw / automation pane causes the MIDI notes area to keep scrolling down.

Is this an issue for anyone else?

(edit: looks like I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, sorry about that.)

The first issue mentioned is common. I can tell by the thin banner / name at the top that Piano Roll has the right region displayed, and the keys on the left show that I'm in the correct pitch range. But... no notes. Apple's bug revision list claimed that this was fixed at some point -- I can't remember which 10.x version. But it's never really left, ever. 

So, we have to click the note area again, like poking a sleeping dog. "Time to play fetch, Piano Roll. Find those notes. Get those notes. He's a good boy!"

The second issue I may have seen once or twice. 

Bottom line: it's not your system. 

Thanks Plowman. It's a shame; the more I use this DAW, the more I realize how buggy it can be. :(

I've been juggling Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, and Ableton Live for several years now, and I still can't decide on one. They all have things they're awesome at and things that I can't stand about each of them.