Phantom Meoldyne track still playing

PaulTMA

I'm having a bit of trouble with my project.   On an earlier date, I attempted to use Melodyne to fix a guitar track.  I decided to throw the track away, so deleted it, Melodyne plug-in and all.  Unfortunately, it is still playing in my project - I don't know how to properly remove it.  I can hear the same old out of tune part phasing away loudly alongside another track.  I just want it gone.  What do I do?  I stupidly cleaned up the project removing backups.  I have not lost anything, I just have this stupid unwanted track playing away.  I don't want to move to another project with all the files as I have made a lot of edits elsewhere of which I don't feel are ready to bounce down yet and it would be a massive inconvenience to reassign everything else back to how it is.

...if you removed the instance of melodyne or just disabled it, then the problem is not there but with the original source track still being present and enabled somewhere (hidden perhaps?)...removing backups will not remove an active track...without knowing anything about the routing/etc in the project it's hard to say/recommend anything more...other than to share I do what you are describing "all day long"...hth.../s~ 

...if you removed the instance of melodyne or just disabled it, then the problem is not there but with the original source track still being present and enabled somewhere (hidden perhaps?)...removing backups will not remove an active track...without knowing anything about the routing/etc in the project it's hard to say/recommend anything more...other than to share I do what you are describing "all day long"...hth.../s~ 

I have attempted to unhide all tracks, it does nothing.  I don't understand why this track is still present and audible.  I can't mute it.

Start muting tracks one by one. Look at the mixer. If not hidden, then maybe you did a bounce in place and joined 2 tracks? Means it is together with another track..

If it goes away when muting one of the other tracks, then there it is, you did (by mistake) a BIP REGIONS.

I’m quite certain there’s not a single bounced in place track in this project. Am away for a few days but will try the suggestion above when I get back. I can circumvent the issue by soloing every single track, but it’s a little inconvenient to how I’d ideally be working.