Beachballs when moving Regions since adding a Nektar Panorama to my set up..

tedjamesbutler

Hello all. 

New to the Nektar Panorama P1. Added it to my setup to achieve tighter volume automation in mixes. Seems like it worked pretty well for a few sessions, but now I'm seeing beachballs when moving regions, since adding it to my set up yesterday. I'm using projects that worked just fine prior to its addition. 

I went through the troubleshooting steps as detailed on the Nektar site, but i'm still seeing this issue and repeated MIDI Error dialog boxes from Logic, instructing me to quit Logic and restart my computer.

Anyone experiencing similar behavior?

Hi tedjamesbutler,

the Nektar Panorama P6 in my setup doesn't show this behaviour. Just tried moving around different MIDI and audio regions using the mouse and the nudge key commands.

Have you tried already if this happens also in a fresh new project?

Regards,

Uli

Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't tried this fix on my own system, but I was having a similar issue with the 10.3.2 update. I'm using Automap, not a Panorama but I have reason to believe that my logic control surface preference is at the root of my problems. Back up the current one but see what happens if you use a new preference file. 

I should have time to trouble shoot my own issue this weekend, but there is literally no cost in trying this fix because you can always revert to the old pref.