Euphonix Artist MC mic/control with LPX?

niall

Short answer: yes!

It is a great controller, providing that you are installing and using it according to its specifications.

I have used mine for years, through different Logic and OSX versions. It required software/drivers update, understandably. 

The support was uncertain after Euphonix was acquired by Avid, but the latter delivered reliably since. 

On my current system, it works really well.

Thanks guys. It doesn't seem as if I can get the previous owner to sign over the devices so I can register them with avid. Can anyone tell me if the Eucon software is a one size fits all thing that covers the artist mix, control, and the iPad app? Or do you need to be registered with avid in order to download the specific version of the software for each device?

AFAIK, you have to be registered with Avid (and logged in on your Avid account) in order to get access to the support files. Which is something I always found kind of a*** retentive practice, considering that anyone intending to use or download a driver would to so because he/she already own the associated device. Anyway...

The Eucon software is indeed a single app to control all the Artist serie controllers. I am not aware of an iPad Eucon app...

The Logic Remote (iPad app) works fine with the Eucon app/controller.

...make sure you have no other controller mappings (automap and eucon gave me some issues)...

Logic is notorious to be finicky when dealing with different MIDI controllers simultaneously...

In order to work without too much problem while using Automap (with other controllers), Automap requires to be installed as the first controller in the Controller Setup window, and idealy not being part of a group. 

Consequently, updating Automap is also problematic, as it requires, in that procedure, to have all/every other controllers drivers to be un-installed before updating Automap, and then, to re-install every other controllers. Which one could expect that same also involve some reconfiguration of the other controllers as well, that had to be re-installed. Understandably, that becomes a real drag...

• 2 years later...

It is a great controller, providing that you are installing and using it according to its specifications.

I have used mine for years, through different Logic and OSX versions. It required software/drivers update, understandably. 

The support was uncertain after Euphonix was acquired by Avid, but the latter delivered reliably since. 

Is it still working in Mojave? if so what's your secret? Which version of Eucon are you running?

Great to know Avid Artist Mix works alongside Logic control. I don’t know if the Artist Contol works on Mojave, let alone Catalina (anybody?):. I know the Artist Contol won’t work alongside the IPad app. I have a Novation removed SL, but I deleted the automap software as it caused too many problems with plug in authorisation, especially ilok stuff. Another layer of software and having to install auto map versions of the plug ins is just too much hassle. Gonna map my fave softsynth stuff to the Novation controller in the order I like using smart controls. Really like using the artist mix. Gonna go over to PT for audio. The clip gain workflow on PT Ultimate with the Artis Control is just fab. Use faders to level stuff out, hit automation to clip gain, and the waveform updates and your audio is levelled pre eq/compression. Really wish you could do that in logic.

Is it still working in Mojave? if so what's your secret? Which version of Eucon are you running?

I am still on High Sierra...

Cool! I’m on high Sierra too.Can you tell me what version of pro tools/Eucon you have it working on? Did I imagine it, or is did they fix the thing about not being able to use the Artist control with the PT control IPad app

Cool! I’m on high Sierra too.Can you tell me what version of pro tools/Eucon you have it working on? Did I imagine it, or is did they fix the thing about not being able to use the Artist control with the PT control IPad app
I don't use ProTools. My iPad is too old and cannot run the latest Logic Remote app. Not at the studio presently to check which Eucon's / firmware I am currently running...

I had a breakthrough and have now got my old Euphonix artist surfaces working reliably with LPX 10.4.8/macOS 10.14.6/ Eucon 20.1.0.50. It doesn't make any sense but this is what I did: I went to Logic Control Surfaces setup and initiated a Scan which finds 8 instances of Mackie Control. The surfaces immediately sprang to life (in MIDI mode). I then deleted all the Mackie instances, quit Logic, rebooted and voila! Don't ask me why but it's been working well for several days now. Eucon 20.1 has a few bugs (Flip is unusable for instance) but the basics are rock solid once again.

Thanks to thats_not_howyoudoit for Eucon installers (Avid have discontinued support for the pre-Avid Euphonix Artist series)