Logic Pro 9 not working in macOS 10.13

Ashermusic

I installed High Sierra. Since I have a fusion drive rather than an SSD the file system was not changed,. However, I just realized I can no longer open LP 9.1.8.

How do I fix that?

always worth checking these things out in advance; i don't think logic 9 runs on 10.13. you can google this, or, perhaps someone here has a workaround? good luck!

I installed High Sierra. Since I have a fusion drive rather than an SSD the file system was not changed,. However, I just realized I can no longer open LP 9.1.8.

How do I fix that?

Hi Jay,

I moved this one out of the other thread since it isn't related that specific topic.

Logic Pro 9 and all apps in the studio bundle (same thing with Final Cut Pro 7) will not work in macOS 10.3.

The only solution is to revert back or to keep a separate installation on a drive/USB-stick/Virtual environment.

Because as a Logic consultant, I have to go to the "latest" to help some of my clients. Also, I am just "that guy." :)

sorry, i thought i let this go a long time ago, but your post made me a bit angry; you gave me so much grief a couple of years ago for beta-testing, and moving forward with the OS, and now you're claiiming to be 'that guy'?  :roll:

There is a massive difference between going to a new OS weeks after it is released and you are assured that your important stuff is working and adopting betas on a work machine.

your post earlier suggests that you're a brave soul who's on top of the 'new'. ok then. you're the 'play it safe' guy, and i'm the 'take chances' guy. anyway, onward & upward....

• 2 years later...
...The only solution is to revert back or to keep a separate installation on a drive/USB-stick/Virtual environment.

I have a similar issue where I need to upgrade to High Sierra or further but want to keep LP9 for my older projects.

How do I create a separate installation on a USB?

Thanks

I want to keep it handy in case I open an old project in LPX and find a sound has changed or wont load.

Paranoia of losing something.

My nephew-in-law has my old mac which I could use if I runt in to that problem but being able to use it at my location would be a lot more convenient.

don't you guys ever finish anything?

Make stems when you finish a project, if you revisit it after 20 years you're likely remix it anyway

I never do this. I know I should.

Yeah, neither do i... :D

Since SSDs are getting cheaper, i'm thinking of creating a snapshot of the OS + Logic + plugins and just running the OS when necessary...

However that means keeping around an older mac that can still run that "old" OS,

I actually did that for a previous project, because my new macs can still run Mojave, however plugin licensing sometimes becomes an issue... and you sell things, and they won't authorise again etc.

I really should make stems while everything still works, you can then make a project with stems + MIDI so you have access to necessary sources.

Since SSDs are getting cheaper, i'm thinking of creating a snapshot of the OS + Logic + plugins and just running the OS when necessary...

However that means keeping around an older mac that can still run that "old" OS,

I actually did that for a previous project, because my new macs can still run Mojave, however plugin licensing sometimes becomes an issue... and you sell things, and they won't authorise again etc.

I really should make stems while everything still works, you can then make a project with stems + MIDI so you have access to necessary sources.

I tried mixing from stems but I kept on finding things I had to fix so I gave up on that. *BUT* after the mixing/mastering of the new album is done I may actually do this for the future.

I tried mixing from stems but I kept on finding things I had to fix so I gave up on that. *BUT* after the mixing/mastering of the new album is done I may actually do this for the future.

I mean, you do this after the thing is released. If something was lying on the drive 3 years, you might as well take midis and rebuild it, and that compressor probably wasn't perfect either.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH MY COMPRESSION IS PERFECT!!!!

(actually I'm kind of re-learning how to mix because I want this new album so sound expensive and awesome)