Logic 10.4 announced?

kerochan

Regardless of the possibility of 10.4, whatever that may mean for us, how about that 16 channel controller for under 1k!. Very nice Presonus, very nice.

Yes, its about time there was a 16 fader DAW controller without having an audio interface,  I wonder if they will make a 24 or 32 fader version?  or just stop 16?

Apple gave Presonus a prerelease of the 10.4 software to test as part of their early beta program to ensure high quality pretesting associated their commercial release tentatively planned for today. Presonus cleared the software and indicated it was the best version of Logic ever produced and  Presonus could not find even one bug.  Apple was scheduled to release it today - but then Apple noticed ( as part of their continuous quality improvement processes program which amongst others includes the monitoring of the LPH forum)  that pro consumers were becoming aware that this perfect 10.4 version was about to be released.  So they pulled the release date; from today to some time in the future and added a few bugs - just to ensure everyone knows that trying to guess what apple is doing can never be known.... 

So I guess when 10.4 is released sometime in the future and has a few bugs, we can all say the fictional assessment above must have been true!!!!!!!!

David -  Now wasn't that more fun than Jay's answer :)

the rumor i've heard (and, since it's a rumor, it's of course important), is that 10.4 is not only bug-free, but completely intuitive, in every way... which would mean there would be no need for forums like this one. and, after a substantial payment to apple from david, they've pulled the plug on this 10.4, and will later release a buggy, complicated version.

the truth is out there... way out there...

...the best version of Logic ever produced and  Presonus could not find even one bug.  Apple was scheduled to release it today - but then Apple noticed ( as part of their continuous quality improvement processes program which amongst others includes the monitoring of the LPH forum)  that pro consumers were becoming aware that this perfect 10.4 version was about to be released.  So they pulled the release date; from today to some time in the future and added a few bugs - just to ensure everyone knows that trying to guess what apple is doing can never be known.... 

:lol:

Hmm...  you know it's been a long day when you hear yourself laugh at a joke about the iterative release schedule of professional music software... 

Ski First - great song.. reminds me when I was 12 and would sneak out to the car to talk on my Dad's CB.. (showing my age).  Reminds me of another CB song called "Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine....

Second - I too laughed as I wrote it - but I must tell you the iterative software releases are what I like about Apple... When you think of how many updates there have been since LPX was introduced in 2013 and the fact they addressed and added so many many many items/issues.. as compared with other vendors who went years without an update.... Finale had a major bug and they wanted everyone to upgrade  for $179 just to address a bug they would NOT address in a minor release. Eventually the kept lowering the price until it was $25, but by then I was so upset I said never again....They did not put their customers first.  So while Apple may seem cold and we all likely have our issues/horror stories comparatively - they seem to want to keep improving the software. You can never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time - but I think compared to other companies with limited or very long intervals between releases - I am pretty happy with the shorter interval of no cost updates or feature improvements and would take them all day long. Just my opinion and didn't want my levity to be misconstrued as a conveyance of dissatisfaction with the release process.

10.4 - what we know so far:

• completely intuitive
  • entirely bug-free
  • auto-orchestrate presets by the pre-eminent musicians of our time

Slowly, the picture emerges... it's not much to go on, but hugely promising nonetheless... historic, even.

All kidding aside, Apple does have an extraordinary software-testing acumen.  (I've actually been inside One Infinite Loop and was able to catch a glimmer of how just one small part of it works.  The reason why you never catch a failure on their web-site is that they have literally hundreds of Mac Minis that do nothing all day but to constantly test and re-test all of the links and content – in every language.  Even a tpyo won't make it through.

10.4 Really on the way, I can't believe it :shock: :shock:

who knows when we'll see this? not holding my breath. but i remember how exciting it was when 10.3 hit. and 10.2. etc etc. exciting to imagine new options, features, changes worth arguing about, a GUI shift just when i've gotten comfortable looking at 10.3. i can't wait...

I just hope they fix the few little oddball bugs that High Sierra created with LPX such as having to restart the mac after installing certain plugins now and s handful of plugins that insist on re-scanning. mainly because I doubt many of them will get the proper updates otherwise.

10.4 Really on the way, I can't believe it :shock: :shock:

who knows when we'll see this? not holding my breath. but i remember how exciting it was when 10.3 hit. and 10.2. etc etc. exciting to imagine new options, features, changes worth arguing about, a GUI shift just when i've gotten comfortable looking at 10.3. i can't wait...

So exciting:D I can't wait :D for the new update/upgrade :P :P