Logic 10.4 announced?

kerochan

I just hope they fix the few little oddball bugs that High Sierra created with LPX such as having to restart the mac after installing certain plugins now and s handful of plugins that insist on re-scanning. mainly because I doubt many of them will get the proper updates otherwise.

i don't have that issue. but, yes... hopefully apple can help. still, you should reach out to the developers, they probably need to do something at their end...

OK, I have the 10.4. pre-release and the John Williams auto-orchestrate preset is awesome!

I have the pre-release too, and what Jay's talking about is a feature similar to Drummer tracks called Composer Tracks. The initial line-up of Composer personalities (similar to Drummer personalities) are Danny, Hans, Bernard and John, as Jay has already mentioned. And in the same way Drummer tracks let you select from different playing styles and drum kits, Composer tracks let you choose different movie genres and ensemble types. Each Composer region has an X/Y morphing selector, similar to the Simple/Complex & Loud/Soft feature of Drummer regions, but here you move the control to morph between four different moods:  SciFi Thriller, Romantic Comedy, Action/Adventure, and Psycho.

Yes, its about time there was a 16 fader DAW controller without having an audio interface,  I wonder if they will make a 24 or 32 fader version?  or just stop 16?

I suppose it depends on the success of the 16 fader version. Or maybe they'll start selling expanders....

I think it will be a success, as it resembles a proper mixing desk, which is what a lot of people want, rather than the smaller 8 Fader thing.

Personally I am happy with my keyboard shortcuts, Magic Mouse & Track Pad!

I have been down the DAW controller route and back again!

I prefer the simple life!

Logic 10.4 will be announced on the day it's ready for download. Nobody knows any different, and if they did, they couldn't say. ;)

I know it, and I will tell you, right now, right here...

They fixed all bugs, no lagginess nowhere anymore, EXS24 updated to EXS48, implemented new features from all other DAWs plus added a ton of new features, that all other DAWs will envy. 

It will be released ((********** REALTIME INTERNET CENSORING BY CIA, NSA, DONALD & APPLE **********))

That's quite human.

I expected fixed tune to 330 Hz with non equal temperament, only sextuplets, random switches between Phrygian, Lydian and Dorian note quantisation. 

if you explain what you just said, i might agree with it.

this is a great forum, full of great tips, help, and... a sense of humor. nice!

I agree :D

Ok, let me explain it in plain straight english: "blablabla complicated stuff blablabla don't really understand myself blablabla but it sounds good!"  :mrgreen: