High Sierra problems?

TommyOslo

Hi,

I just upgraded my MacBook Pro 2,9GHZ, I7 (13inch, mid 2012) with a Samsung Evo 850 And 16 GB RAM. And I had to install MacOS High Sierra, and the newest version of Logic Pro X 10.3.2.

Now I keep getting system overload messages more often than before I upgraded the computer. And Logic won't find my Toontrack instruments. If I use only Logics own "built-in" plugins I can make maybe maximum 10 tracks, maybe less. then it I get system overload messages. Is this normal? I have tried to: adjust the buffer size, set the SSD to trim, all possible settings in Audiosettings. 

Is there anybody else that have experienced the same problems? Or maybe can give me some advice in how to fix this?

An SSD won't make your CPU worries go away.

High Sierra is more taxing on CPU anyway.

You also have a dual-core that is not that powerful. And Logic 10.3 is also more taxing on the CPU as well.

At this point I don't know what to tell you to fix it but look at the CPU meter and watch when it starts to peak.

Edited by triplets

i dunno... am not having the stalls & overloads in HS that i experienced in sierra, and el capitan. meanwhile, OP: make sure you have the correct ram for your mac. maybe run first aid... just to be sure all looks good with the OS. you should also reset the PRAM, and the SMS (google that for your mac model if). good luck!