Exporting tempo/time sig information

knobworld

Hi- I've been searching for a method to export tempo map info from LPX into ProTools for a scoring session. The prevailing wisdom is to create a Midi region with 1 note in it that spans the length of the cue and FILE/Export/Selection as MIDI File. 

Protools will not open the resulting file. When I import it into an empty session, not all the tempo information is there. any ideas where I'm messing up?

knobworld, notwithtanding Atlas's suggestion (which might be the ticket if in fact PT lets you import tempo information from an audio file), the prevailing MIDI file wisdom is still the correct wisdom -- though the note doesn't have to be stretched to the length of the project. You just have to have one note on the downbeat. Length is immaterial.

How are you adding this file into ProTools? Are you importing it into an existing project, or are you starting by just opening the MIDI file in ProTools as your starting point?

One other thing... what is the time signature of your Logic project? If it's not straight-up 4/4 or 3/4, the import into ProTools won't necessarily be correct.