The new MacBook - drops after recording 24 tracks - solution?

camprut

Hello I need your help about recording options.

I updated one of my 17 inches MacbookPros to MacBook 8GB, 1867Mhz LPDDR3 Retina 12 inc Early 2016 - I wanted to have a small ADAT recording computer for my concerts live.

I use the newest Logic and I need to record 23 tracks at the same time. I also updated my computer to the newest HighSiera.

I connected 2 RME BabyFaces to receive 16 ADAT channels.

PROBLEM: all tracks after recording have drops! 

POSSIBLE SOLUTION? IO Buffer Size was set to 512. What can  I do? Will changing it to 1024 change anything? 

Thank you

the RME site says

macOS Sierra driver for Fireface UFX / UFX+ / UFX II, 802, UCX, UC, Babyface, Babyface Pro, MADIface XT / USB / Pro, Digiface USB, version 3.03. Compatible to 10.12 and up.

but what means "...and...up"

Are you sure that your interface is fully High Sierra compatible?

can the macbook handle that workload? i have the same model, and never even tried logic X on it, figured it's processor could not handle that. try scaling back, ie using 1 babyface, doing simpler work (just as a test); does that work? if so, work your way up to a larger session, see what the limits might be. my concern is the processor in the MB, but, as danyg points out, maybe check with RME about 10.13 compatibility...

DANYG: yes it is compatible, it was not working at all unless I updated the driver.

fisherking: maybe anyone could try to test? I remind you my main question: can it help during multitrack recording to set the bigger latency (buffer per sample?) in Logic?

unless someone else here has a 12" macbook, you need to do some testing yourself (i am not installing LX on mine.. sorry!). what are you recording at? (ie 44/24? or?) here's my old tricks for LX on my macbook (which, in mac os 10.13, i don't seem to need to do anymore).

make sure no apps are set to open when you startup your mac. make sure 'reopen windows' on restart is OFF. turn off wifi. restart your mac, and ONLY open logic. and see what you can do...