Audio recordings are delayed.

OtherJesus
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hi gang,

Long time since I've posted but here goes...

Been working on a song, got the whole song done, guitars, bass, keys, logic drums... OK.

Even recorded a scratch vocal.

All the audio was recorded in and plays back fine, everything sounds great.

Today I go to do final vocals and no matter what I try when I play back the vocals they sound like I was singing everything a beat late.

I'm using a Duet 2 and I'm aware of latency, etc. but I haven't changed ANYTHING in my set up that I'm aware of, but I have tried some things today "just to see" what I could see.

• Tried lowering the I/O Buffer size to 64 and it sounds exactly the same.  I normally have it at 256 or 512 when recording.

• Tried doing it the Apogee recommended way (which sometimes I do normally), where in Apogee Maestro 2 > Output > Outputs are set to Mixer.

• Even tried doing vocals with headphones off, with volume coming through the speakers, just to rule out the issue wasn't "me being off" - I know this song like the back of my hand, can sing it in my sleep - but I wanted to rule it out anyway.

• Recording delay in Logic has always been set at zero

The issue continues to persist.  The vocal recordings I'm doing play back late, like I'm way off singing all of the parts late!  It's driving me bonkers!  Help!

Thanks, everyone.

El Cap 10.11.6

iMac Mid 2011, 2.7ghz i5, 8GB

Logic 10.3.2