Is there a way to stop this message popping up about downloads?

keano12
Go to solution Solved by JamesK,

I would recommend you finish download the essential sounds and settings again, then use the following instructions if you really need to move them (the best being to avoid moving them if you can afford to): https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

I can avoid moving the Apple Loops only reason I wanted to was I read its easier on the system to have them on an external drive due to the writing and reading. Is that true. If it makes a small difference it isn't worth it. 

I have all my samples dl content on an external drive using a symbolic link as suggested by David and Eric and never receive download pop ups unless Apple adds new content. And when that happens the new content is directly downloaded to the target the symbolic link points to ( my external hard drive)

As per system efficiency I think it does help Logic function better.

I have all my samples dl content on an external drive using a symbolic link as suggested by David and Eric and never receive download pop ups unless Apple adds new content. And when that happens the new content is directly downloaded to the target the symbolic link points to ( my external hard drive)

As per system efficiency I think it does help Logic function better.

Thanks. I was a bit intimidated by the link process like I'll screw something up LOL. I'll give it a go then

I actually don't use the terminal for this I use this great little tool that simplifies things a lot 

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker#

There are instructions in the help file but essentially the process is like making an alias once this little app is installed.

I used it the same way. I downloaded the tool you sent. Then copied my Apple Loops over to my Sample Drive. Right clicked on it on sample Drive > Services > Make Symbolic Link. I copied that Symbolic Link (Apple Loops symlink) to the original folder. Deleted Apple Loops from original drive and renamed Apple Loops symlink as Apple Loops. Thing is the link still shows files inside taking up space?

2075348579_ScreenShot2017-10-27at12_30_38AM.png.264f695be2ae47b27ac0270af4121526.png

I can avoid moving the Apple Loops only reason I wanted to was I read its easier on the system to have them on an external drive due to the writing and reading. Is that true. 

No. The Apple Loops used by a project are loaded into RAM when you open your project. Other than when you open a Logic project or import a new loop into that project, the drives are not being used at all, so it makes zero difference where the loop is on your drives. 

• 1 month later...