recently getting "disk too slow" followed by "system overload" messages (?)

D.D. Jackson

This is a new development and I'm not clear on what's changed. Recently when starting any larger Logic session with my normal (large) template (and after waiting for all sounds to load, etc.),  I initially get a "disk too slow" followed by "system overload" message. However, after moving the transport beyond the session and letting it play "in the clear", the problem seems to correct itself and the session subsequently plays normally. It's still annoying, however, to have to wait for the program to temporarily "halt"/"crash" before I can start actually working, and this is definitely a recent development, so I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on what might be causing this? Much thanks in advance -

Sincerely,

- robjohn

Edited by robjohn99

And actually, one more update: I'm realizing that even the "moving the playhead to the right of my session and playing first" approach ALSO results in the error. So at this point it's unavoidable and I'm wasting time every time I first open a session waiting for the problem to eventually fix itself, before I can move on. Thanks again for any thoughts -

robjohn

Edited by robjohn99

Just a "spike" here are there as things were loading into RAM, but mostly the following:

Basically this:normal.png.707680acb1ae8a553f06ca531e09c20e.png

Then when I first hit play (with just the template - no actual data in the session), I immediately get the spinning beach ball, followed by the following:

overload.png.1888b997ab3a91b008664d607aec0644.png

and the "System Overload" message, which, when I click out of it, causes the CPU/HD meter to go back to the first state.

After subsequently pressing play again, the meter looks like this:

1336509150_ScreenShot2017-10-21at11_56_13PM.png.876eb54cb042cbf08565bbb54de356bd.png

but there is no further "overload" message, and the system basically runs (though I occasionally not to stop/start the first time playing through a session that already has data, and/or reset audio in the Audio/MIDI setup" app before getting things to "settle down"). Never had this problem before so very strange.

Thanks for any thoughts -

- robjohn

1199489198_ScreenShot2017-10-21at11_52_33PM.png.3d9a23c88adbe8b3a73497f2437da901.png

1170833065_ScreenShot2017-10-21at11_55_02PM.png.76fc954fcf3ad22a361f67d8138ae05c.png